Monday, April 9, 2007

Global Warming OR An Inconvenient Truth

Several times in the past few days I have heard remarks on global warming - most to the effect of how this could be true due to the extreme cold snap we've been having. While I don't profess to have as much knowledge on the subject as ex-VP Al Gore, I do know that weather patterns change and have done so for hundreds of thousands of years.

While I try to be ecologically minded in my day-to-day life, I am fed up with private jet traveling, SUV driving, mansion living, spend-happy celebrities who try to tell me I should be more concerned with "global warming". Hello? Is the inconvenient truth only for us commoners? Your lifestyle adds a whole lot more pollution to the atmosphere than mine but amazingly you can tell me what I should be concerned with?

Al Gore, you need to set your own house in order before you start preaching to the world.

No comments: